Skip to main content

Fish Moulee

Hi friends we all know that fish is the superstar of any Bengali menu and we can't do without it. So here I am with another fish recipe . This dish is popular in Kerala , but since it includes fish I am sure all fish lovers would love it. I learned it from my sis in law and mother . So let's start.




Ingredients:-

Boneless fish- 500gms 
1 medium size onion ( cut into long slices)
I medium size tomato ( cut into small pieces)
1 medium size capsicum ( cut either vertically or horizontally in round shape)
1 cup coconut milk
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp mustard seeds
5-6 curry leaves
4-5 tbsp of white oil
Salt according to your taste

Procedure:-

First cut the fish into medium sizes and mix one tbsp of salt to it . Fry it lightly in the oil. You should take care that the fish doesn't get brown. Remove the fried fish from the oil . Then add the mustard seeds, curry leaves to the oil . When the aroma of the leaves comes out add the onions . Fry it for a while and then add the capsicum . Fry it for one minute and then add the tomato . Add one tsp of salt and fry for sometime . Add the coconut milk to this and let it simmer for a while. Then add the fish to the gravy. Lower the flame and let the fish cook for a while. If the coconut gravy becomes thick please add some warm water to it . After five minutes your dish will be ready and you add the lemon juice , give a stir and remove it from flame .


BON APPETITE!!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shahi Tukra

Hello everybody. I thought I would start my blog writing with my favourite passion  food and that too cooked by me. Since I have a sweet tooth the dessert spread of any cuisine attracts me the most.  I always try out the simple ones at home. Today I will share with you all one such recipe . It is one of my favourite sweet - Shahi Tukra. One might call it an Indian version of bread pudding. Although it takes much more effort than bread pudding but the end result is just awesome. Any beginners can try this out because the procedure is very simple. Ingredients For sugar syrup :- 1 cup sugar 1/2 cup water 2 drops of Kewra essence For shahi tukhra :- 4 slice bread cut into four square pieces each 5-6 tbsp oil 1 l milk 200 ml condensed milk 1/2 tsp cardamom powder 7-8 pistachios  cut into slices Method :- First you have to make the sugar syrup by boiling the sugar in the water. Boil it till the sugar melts and reach a mild thick consistency. Add the kewra essen...

Apple kheer

 Hi friends with the festive season peeping round the corner today I want to share a sweet dish with you which I am sure won’t disappoint your sweet tooth . It is called apple kheer . So let’s begin. Ingredients:- Milk - full cream one litre Apple -2 medium size cut small thin slices Condensed milk 1/2cup Sugar - 3 tbs Cornstarch -2 tbs Dry fruits -(almonds , cashew, raisins) -1 /2 cup Cardamom powder -1 tsp Kesar - few strands Procedure:- First take a fry pan, put 3-4 tbs of water and stir the apple pieces in it . Add the sugar in it . Fry the apple till it become light brown . Remove it from pan and strain the excess juice if any and let it cool . In another pan boil the milk . Keep on stirring and add the dry fruit in it . Add the condensed milk and keeping on stirring in medium flame . Mix the cornstarch in 2 tbsp cold milk and add it to the milk while continuously stirring it . Now add the apple pieces and stir it for another 5 mins in low flame . Sprinkle some cardamom powder...

Chicken Dak Bungalow

 Hello friends. This New Year I decided that every month I will share a new recipe that I have tried and has come out good. Today’s recipe is ideal for a cold Sunday lunch or dinner . Its spicyness will definitely keep you warm inside . I don’t know how much authentic this recipe is but I have tasted this kind of chicken curry in PWD guest house where we used to stay during our vacations. The recipe got its name because this was the standard chicken curry made by the caretakers of the sprawling Bungalows used as circuit house or guest house by the government officials. So let’s start the recipe .                 Kg Ingredients:- Chicken- 1 kg Potato - 2 cut into big cubes Egg -4 nos hard boiled Onion -2 big cut into long thin slices Ginger paste Garlic paste Tomato 2-3 cut into pieces Whole garam masala Black pepper corns Bay leaf Red dry chilli Jayatri/ mace  Turmeric powder Red chilli powder Cumin powder  Coriander powder  Yo...