Skip to main content

Chicken Dak Bungalow

 Hello friends. This New Year I decided that every month I will share a new recipe that I have tried and has come out good. Today’s recipe is ideal for a cold Sunday lunch or dinner . Its spicyness will definitely keep you warm inside . I don’t know how much authentic this recipe is but I have tasted this kind of chicken curry in PWD guest house where we used to stay during our vacations. The recipe got its name because this was the standard chicken curry made by the caretakers of the sprawling Bungalows used as circuit house or guest house by the government officials. So let’s start the recipe .

               

Kg


Ingredients:-

Chicken- 1 kg
Potato - 2 cut into big cubes
Egg -4 nos hard boiled
Onion -2 big cut into long thin slices
Ginger paste
Garlic paste
Tomato 2-3 cut into pieces
Whole garam masala
Black pepper corns
Bay leaf
Red dry chilli
Jayatri/ mace 
Turmeric powder
Red chilli powder
Cumin powder 
Coriander powder 
Yoghurt 
Mustard oil

Procedure:-

First marinate the chicken with 1/2 cup yoghurt, turmeric and chilli powder, cumin and coriander powder each one tsp. Ginger paste 2 tbsp salt and 3 tbsp mustard oil . Keep it aside for 30 mins.
Then dry roast 1 whole red chilli, 1tsp peppercorn, 1 tbsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, few mace leaves,  3-4 whole green cardamom, 5 cloves, a small stick of cinnamon and grind it after cooled down.
     Put the pan and add 6 tbsp mustard oil . First fry the cubed potatoes and egg in the oil till golden brown. Then remove it from oil. Then add the bayleaf, whole garam masala and few black peppercorn . Add the onion . Fry it till brown. Add garlic paste , chopped tomatoes and fry till it become soft . Add turmeric and chilli powder. Add the roasted masala & fry it for 5 mins . Add the marinated chicken and fry it with the masala for 5 mins . Add the potato and the egg. Fry for 2 mins and then add warm water . Taste for the salt.. Cover it with lid and let it cook in low heat for another 20 mins .  Remove the lid and see whether the chicken is cooked .  If yes remove it from gas and your Dak Bungalow chicken is ready.
                      

                        BON APPETITE!!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shahi Tukra

Hello everybody. I thought I would start my blog writing with my favourite passion  food and that too cooked by me. Since I have a sweet tooth the dessert spread of any cuisine attracts me the most.  I always try out the simple ones at home. Today I will share with you all one such recipe . It is one of my favourite sweet - Shahi Tukra. One might call it an Indian version of bread pudding. Although it takes much more effort than bread pudding but the end result is just awesome. Any beginners can try this out because the procedure is very simple. Ingredients For sugar syrup :- 1 cup sugar 1/2 cup water 2 drops of Kewra essence For shahi tukhra :- 4 slice bread cut into four square pieces each 5-6 tbsp oil 1 l milk 200 ml condensed milk 1/2 tsp cardamom powder 7-8 pistachios  cut into slices Method :- First you have to make the sugar syrup by boiling the sugar in the water. Boil it till the sugar melts and reach a mild thick consistency. Add the kewra essen...

Fish Moulee

Hi friends we all know that fish is the superstar of any Bengali menu and we can't do without it. So here I am with another fish recipe . This dish is popular in Kerala , but since it includes fish I am sure all fish lovers would love it. I learned it from my sis in law and mother . So let's start. Ingredients:- Boneless fish- 500gms  1 medium size onion ( cut into long slices) I medium size tomato ( cut into small pieces) 1 medium size capsicum ( cut either vertically or horizontally in round shape) 1 cup coconut milk 2 tbsp lemon juice 1 tsp mustard seeds 5-6 curry leaves 4-5 tbsp of white oil Salt according to your taste Procedure:- First cut the fish into medium sizes and mix one tbsp of salt to it . Fry it lightly in the oil. You should take care that the fish doesn't get brown. Remove the fried fish from the oil . Then add the mustard seeds, curry leaves to the oil . When the aroma of the leaves comes out add the onions . Fry it ...