Skip to main content

Paneer Doi Sorshe : A Bengali Recipe

Hello friends I have come back with another recipe. Being a true bong I greatly relate myself with anything cooked with sorshe bata and if it is steamed then hands down it will win the competition in my list of favourite recipes. Although generally fish is used in this type of preparation but today I will share the recipe made with paneer. I will keep the steamed fish recipe for another day. In Bengal usually we call anything steamed as " Bhapa" . The term comes from the word " Bhap" which means steam in Bengali. So let's start the recipe of Bhapa Paneer or Paneer Doi Sorshe.

Ingredients:-

250gm - Paneer
2 tbsp - mustard paste
4 tbsp - yogurt ( plain dahi)
4 tbsp - mustard oil
One medium onion cut into small slices
One medium tomato cut into small slices
One small capsicum cut into long slices
2-3 green chilliest
Salt - 1 teaspoon

Procedure:-

First fry the capsicum pieces in two tablespoon of oil and leave it aside. Then cut the paneer into medium size cubes . Put them in a steel container which has a tight lid ( a tiffin box). Mix the mustard paste with dahi and add the 4 tbsp of mustard oil and salt. Spread this mixture over the paneer. Sprinkle the onion and tomato slices over it. Also add the capsicum pieces and green chillies. Close the lid and put it in a pan filled with half water . Cover the pan. Let the water boil for 15 mins and then switch off the gas . You can do it in a steamer also  or put it in microwave and cook it in high power for 7-8 mins . Before serving you can sprinkle 1 tsp of mustard oil over it.
                             
                             




Comments

  1. Amazing recipe...Will surely try it. Keep it up for the great effort and all my best wishes is always with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shahi Tukra

Hello everybody. I thought I would start my blog writing with my favourite passion  food and that too cooked by me. Since I have a sweet tooth the dessert spread of any cuisine attracts me the most.  I always try out the simple ones at home. Today I will share with you all one such recipe . It is one of my favourite sweet - Shahi Tukra. One might call it an Indian version of bread pudding. Although it takes much more effort than bread pudding but the end result is just awesome. Any beginners can try this out because the procedure is very simple. Ingredients For sugar syrup :- 1 cup sugar 1/2 cup water 2 drops of Kewra essence For shahi tukhra :- 4 slice bread cut into four square pieces each 5-6 tbsp oil 1 l milk 200 ml condensed milk 1/2 tsp cardamom powder 7-8 pistachios  cut into slices Method :- First you have to make the sugar syrup by boiling the sugar in the water. Boil it till the sugar melts and reach a mild thick consistency. Add the kewra essen...

Apple kheer

 Hi friends with the festive season peeping round the corner today I want to share a sweet dish with you which I am sure won’t disappoint your sweet tooth . It is called apple kheer . So let’s begin. Ingredients:- Milk - full cream one litre Apple -2 medium size cut small thin slices Condensed milk 1/2cup Sugar - 3 tbs Cornstarch -2 tbs Dry fruits -(almonds , cashew, raisins) -1 /2 cup Cardamom powder -1 tsp Kesar - few strands Procedure:- First take a fry pan, put 3-4 tbs of water and stir the apple pieces in it . Add the sugar in it . Fry the apple till it become light brown . Remove it from pan and strain the excess juice if any and let it cool . In another pan boil the milk . Keep on stirring and add the dry fruit in it . Add the condensed milk and keeping on stirring in medium flame . Mix the cornstarch in 2 tbsp cold milk and add it to the milk while continuously stirring it . Now add the apple pieces and stir it for another 5 mins in low flame . Sprinkle some cardamom powder...

Chicken Dak Bungalow

 Hello friends. This New Year I decided that every month I will share a new recipe that I have tried and has come out good. Today’s recipe is ideal for a cold Sunday lunch or dinner . Its spicyness will definitely keep you warm inside . I don’t know how much authentic this recipe is but I have tasted this kind of chicken curry in PWD guest house where we used to stay during our vacations. The recipe got its name because this was the standard chicken curry made by the caretakers of the sprawling Bungalows used as circuit house or guest house by the government officials. So let’s start the recipe .                 Kg Ingredients:- Chicken- 1 kg Potato - 2 cut into big cubes Egg -4 nos hard boiled Onion -2 big cut into long thin slices Ginger paste Garlic paste Tomato 2-3 cut into pieces Whole garam masala Black pepper corns Bay leaf Red dry chilli Jayatri/ mace  Turmeric powder Red chilli powder Cumin powder  Coriander powder  Yo...