Skip to main content

Chicken In Coconut Gravy

Hi friends I hope you are liking the recipes I am sharing and trying out at your homes. Today I will share with you a recipe from our neighbouring country Burma or today's Myanmar. It is called Chicken Khowsey or one may say chicken in coconut gravy. Usually this gravy is applied over boiled noodles but I have found out that it also goes very nice with steamed rice. Although I have used chicken legs here one may use boneless chicken also. So let's begin with the recipe.

Ingredients:-
6-Chicken legs medium size
           OR
500 gms -Boneless chicken
5 -tbsp white oil
100 gms - spring onion cut into small pieces ( separate the green part from white part)
100 gms- onion cut into small pieces
1 tbsp - ginger paste
1 tsp - coriander powder
1 cup - coconut milk
Salt according to your taste

Procedure:-

First heat the pan and put the oil on it. Add the onion pieces and fry it . Pour the salt so that the onion become soft. Add the white portion of the spring onion and fry with it. Take care so that it doesn't get brown. When the onion get a glazed appearance add the ginger paste and coriander powder. After stirring it add the chicken pieces to it and fry it. Add some green spring onion to it and keep the rest for garnishing. After frying the chicken for 5 mins add the coconut milk to it. Reduce the flame to its lowest level and cover it with thick lid. Let it cook for 30 mins. I want to say here that often we find coconut milk to be very thick . If that is the case then you should add a little bit hot water to it and make it thinner. Usually khowsey is medium thin gravy . So after your chicken gets tender you remove it from the flame and before serving garnish it with the green onions . Eat it with steamed rice or noodles.

                                       



Bon Appetite 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shahi Tukra

Hello everybody. I thought I would start my blog writing with my favourite passion  food and that too cooked by me. Since I have a sweet tooth the dessert spread of any cuisine attracts me the most.  I always try out the simple ones at home. Today I will share with you all one such recipe . It is one of my favourite sweet - Shahi Tukra. One might call it an Indian version of bread pudding. Although it takes much more effort than bread pudding but the end result is just awesome. Any beginners can try this out because the procedure is very simple. Ingredients For sugar syrup :- 1 cup sugar 1/2 cup water 2 drops of Kewra essence For shahi tukhra :- 4 slice bread cut into four square pieces each 5-6 tbsp oil 1 l milk 200 ml condensed milk 1/2 tsp cardamom powder 7-8 pistachios  cut into slices Method :- First you have to make the sugar syrup by boiling the sugar in the water. Boil it till the sugar melts and reach a mild thick consistency. Add the kewra essen...

Apple kheer

 Hi friends with the festive season peeping round the corner today I want to share a sweet dish with you which I am sure won’t disappoint your sweet tooth . It is called apple kheer . So let’s begin. Ingredients:- Milk - full cream one litre Apple -2 medium size cut small thin slices Condensed milk 1/2cup Sugar - 3 tbs Cornstarch -2 tbs Dry fruits -(almonds , cashew, raisins) -1 /2 cup Cardamom powder -1 tsp Kesar - few strands Procedure:- First take a fry pan, put 3-4 tbs of water and stir the apple pieces in it . Add the sugar in it . Fry the apple till it become light brown . Remove it from pan and strain the excess juice if any and let it cool . In another pan boil the milk . Keep on stirring and add the dry fruit in it . Add the condensed milk and keeping on stirring in medium flame . Mix the cornstarch in 2 tbsp cold milk and add it to the milk while continuously stirring it . Now add the apple pieces and stir it for another 5 mins in low flame . Sprinkle some cardamom powder...

Chicken Dak Bungalow

 Hello friends. This New Year I decided that every month I will share a new recipe that I have tried and has come out good. Today’s recipe is ideal for a cold Sunday lunch or dinner . Its spicyness will definitely keep you warm inside . I don’t know how much authentic this recipe is but I have tasted this kind of chicken curry in PWD guest house where we used to stay during our vacations. The recipe got its name because this was the standard chicken curry made by the caretakers of the sprawling Bungalows used as circuit house or guest house by the government officials. So let’s start the recipe .                 Kg Ingredients:- Chicken- 1 kg Potato - 2 cut into big cubes Egg -4 nos hard boiled Onion -2 big cut into long thin slices Ginger paste Garlic paste Tomato 2-3 cut into pieces Whole garam masala Black pepper corns Bay leaf Red dry chilli Jayatri/ mace  Turmeric powder Red chilli powder Cumin powder  Coriander powder  Yo...