Skip to main content

ARABIAN KABSA

Hi friends, I am back with a new recipe after  a long time. Actually I was mulling away my leisure time which is ample by the way , by reading books and watching television. Then I recently watched a movie about a blog writer and realised that being a blog writer you have a   responsibility towards your readers. So here I am once again sharing a tasty recipe with you. I came upon this recipe while surfing through my Facebook account. It is called the Arabian Kabsa
. It originated in Yemen but can be said that it is the national dish of Gulf. It is from the family of mixed rice dish with meat and vegetables. But in my version I have used only chicken . So let's start it.

Ingredients :-

900 gms whole chicken cut into 6 pieces
4 cups( approx 150 gm equal to one cup)Basmati rice
100 gms  ghee
Whole Garam Masala ( cloves, cinnamon sticks, green cardamom, black pepper corn, star anise, jayatri ,bay leaf)
Roasted Masala powder ( green cardamom, clove, cinnamon, black pepper, cumin, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, black cardamom , nutmeg) 3 tablespoon
50 gms cashew nuts
50 gms almond
50 gms raisins
2 onion medium size cut into small pieces
2 tomato cut into small pieces
3 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
1 tablespoon grated lemon jest
2 small lemon
8 cups water

PROCEDURE :-

First you have to make the roasted Masala powder and keep it aside . Make sure it would amount to 3 tablespoon.

  

 After roasting the whole spices you have to grind them and your Masala is ready. Keep it aside. Then take a pan and heat 4 tablespoon of ghee. Fry the cashew nuts, almonds and raisins one by one and remove it from the oil. Add bay leaf and the whole garam masala. Then add the onion . Fry it some    and add the chicken pieces . Add the lemon jest and ginger garlic paste and mix it with the chicken.  Add the tomato and the Masala powder . Fry the chicken in this Masala for 5 mins and add the water. Add salt and cover it with a lid. Keep it over medium heat. When the chicken is cooked completely remove it from the mixture and keep it aside. Now add the rice, the nuts and two lemon in the  mixture , cover the lid and cook for 15 mins . When the rice is done remove it from heat and take another frying pan and put oil in it and fry the chicken pieces till golden brown. Place these chicken pieces over the rice and serve it.

 

I hope you will enjoy preparing this dish as I have enjoyed myself doing so and surprise your loved ones with your culinary skills.
Bon Appetite!!


                        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shahi Tukra

Hello everybody. I thought I would start my blog writing with my favourite passion  food and that too cooked by me. Since I have a sweet tooth the dessert spread of any cuisine attracts me the most.  I always try out the simple ones at home. Today I will share with you all one such recipe . It is one of my favourite sweet - Shahi Tukra. One might call it an Indian version of bread pudding. Although it takes much more effort than bread pudding but the end result is just awesome. Any beginners can try this out because the procedure is very simple. Ingredients For sugar syrup :- 1 cup sugar 1/2 cup water 2 drops of Kewra essence For shahi tukhra :- 4 slice bread cut into four square pieces each 5-6 tbsp oil 1 l milk 200 ml condensed milk 1/2 tsp cardamom powder 7-8 pistachios  cut into slices Method :- First you have to make the sugar syrup by boiling the sugar in the water. Boil it till the sugar melts and reach a mild thick consistency. Add the kewra essen...

Apple kheer

 Hi friends with the festive season peeping round the corner today I want to share a sweet dish with you which I am sure won’t disappoint your sweet tooth . It is called apple kheer . So let’s begin. Ingredients:- Milk - full cream one litre Apple -2 medium size cut small thin slices Condensed milk 1/2cup Sugar - 3 tbs Cornstarch -2 tbs Dry fruits -(almonds , cashew, raisins) -1 /2 cup Cardamom powder -1 tsp Kesar - few strands Procedure:- First take a fry pan, put 3-4 tbs of water and stir the apple pieces in it . Add the sugar in it . Fry the apple till it become light brown . Remove it from pan and strain the excess juice if any and let it cool . In another pan boil the milk . Keep on stirring and add the dry fruit in it . Add the condensed milk and keeping on stirring in medium flame . Mix the cornstarch in 2 tbsp cold milk and add it to the milk while continuously stirring it . Now add the apple pieces and stir it for another 5 mins in low flame . Sprinkle some cardamom powder...

Chicken Dak Bungalow

 Hello friends. This New Year I decided that every month I will share a new recipe that I have tried and has come out good. Today’s recipe is ideal for a cold Sunday lunch or dinner . Its spicyness will definitely keep you warm inside . I don’t know how much authentic this recipe is but I have tasted this kind of chicken curry in PWD guest house where we used to stay during our vacations. The recipe got its name because this was the standard chicken curry made by the caretakers of the sprawling Bungalows used as circuit house or guest house by the government officials. So let’s start the recipe .                 Kg Ingredients:- Chicken- 1 kg Potato - 2 cut into big cubes Egg -4 nos hard boiled Onion -2 big cut into long thin slices Ginger paste Garlic paste Tomato 2-3 cut into pieces Whole garam masala Black pepper corns Bay leaf Red dry chilli Jayatri/ mace  Turmeric powder Red chilli powder Cumin powder  Coriander powder  Yo...